Position: Financial Analyst
Location: Head Office - Vancouver
This position is responsible for understanding and supporting the activities related to all Adventus entities from an accounting and financial analysis perspective. The candidate will have the interpersonal skills, technical skills, business knowledge, and motivational drive to successfully achieve and be accountable for all aspects of the financial accounting, analysis, and reporting requirements of this new position.
- Review monthly financial statements prepared by 3rd party property management firms.
- Assist in resolving higher level accounting issues with 3rd party property management firms.
- Prepare monthly reports for Management and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain day-to-day accounting of management company and prepare quarterly GST Filings.
- Support in the preparation of quarterly financial statements and notes (IFRS basis).
- Prepare quarterly lender reporting requirements.
- Support in the preparation of reporting packages for Board of Directors including budget to actual cash flows and variance analysis.
- Assist in complying with quarterly US REIT testing procedures.
- Assist in coordination and completion of three separate year end audits, with additional audit requirements expected as Adventus grows.
- Assist in preparation of year-end tax filing requirements.
- Support the Controller and Director of Finance with other corporate reporting activities, as required.
- Other associated duties, as assigned.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills:
- University degree and CPA designation with pubic practice experience.
- Strong analytical, accounting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Organized and demonstrates excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload and have strong time-management skills in order to meet monthly and quarterly timelines.
- Proactive, self-motivated, takes initiative.
- Ability to work with others at all levels of the organization and independently, with minimal supervision.
If interested in the position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org